Remembering Mr Lee Kuan Yew
First foremost, I thank you on my behalf of my family. I thank you for being strong, brave and stood up when we were being abandoned and deemed as unwanted by our neighboring country whom we call them our friends.
Thank you for having a strong belief that we can make it despite the tremendous hardship the pioneer need to undergo.
I'm just one of the unfortunate lot who has not been given a chance to see you in person but in a tv box. I see you most often during the NDP and its like once a year affair.
You and the pioneer batch of commardes made it to today's success Singapore which many mainly the Malaysians stand to gain from your trade & immigration policies. And I hope those who have gained citizenship will be doubly grateful to the government.
I have been listening to your past speech as much as I can as long as the two girls leave me in peace. Tears just flow when I'm trying to make sense with each and every of your speech and thinking.
To quote a few of your famous words
"At the end of the day, what have I got? A successful Singapore. What have I given up? My life."
This is one I like and truly admire you for.
Next come I'm truly mesmerized by your devotion to Mrs Lee. Ask how many in the world are there, couple who are like yourself and your madam? Both my hubby and I ain't perfect and we are trying to learn from you. I wish my hubby will spend time with me without fail shall one day I landed up on a sick bed. I wish and look forward to the day when my children have grown up and we are able to spend time taking a stroll by the beautiful River "Singapore River" you have created. If not for these series of history flash back, I almost forgotten about this Singapore River. I'm a guilty Singaporean.
Quoted -
“Whoever governs Singapore must have that iron in him. Or give it up. This is not a game of cards. This is your life and mine. I’ve spent a whole lifetime building this and as long as I’m in charge, nobody is going to knock it down.”
As far as Singapore has evolved over time, I must admit there are certain goods traits you and pioneer commardes have laid. We started with a strong foundation because of you and we are successful as a nation which none of our neighboring countries dare to belittle us. Remembering we used to be laughed at that we are just a red dot on the map. And guess what? People from all nations flocked to this small dot they once smocked us at. This is a result of us being a confident and proud nation.
Despite many things that currently piss me off, I want to thank you for I'm a proud Singaporean, proud of my county if not for your belief we can make it. We are ONE Singapore. We are special like you say we are small but we are special.
Neutral when it comes to national politic matters. I must say while I may not be a strong PAP supporter but I hope the current cabinet whoever are in power, will always remember your quotes. They must have the iron in them, to make theirs and ours lives a much better one.
I agree that nothing is FREE, even when it comes to friendship which in recent incidents made realised that. Nothing too negative but it got to takes what one have in order to trade for people of like minded to come by together. I don't say things or agree with one just for the sake of doing so. Most of the time I say things that's unpleasant.
You have also said, a good minister is not one who always smile, kisses children and have countless dialogue sessions. A good minister is one who dare to make unpopular decisions and move on and yet still seen smiling and cheering. But you may be sad to see, in current world, we hear people complaining and have views on certain matters but when they are given an opportunity to address all these hoping that things can turn for better, who actually dare? Out of 10, 8 would be worried shall they stand up, they or their kids may be taken as a victims in life, in schools and etc..
Thank you for allowing me this chance with your demise as an event to witness for myself how this nation will come together to revive the long lost kampong spirit.
I as a citizen will always remember the virtues you have tried and always try to instill into the people.
In your this last journey I truly wish you will reunite with Mrs Lee and enjoy the time together. You have started a new chapter in your after life and you deserve no better than anyone the time selfishly with your beloved wife. Like my girl always love to say, ... And happily ever after....
Our hearts are with you. I hope tomorrow I have a chance to see you even just for that few seconds.
Happy story continues... 5:34 PM