<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4752898765074141515?origin\x3dhttps://joleentlyisamom.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="//www.blogger.com/navbar.g?%0A%0AtargetBlogID=3054107564476057249&amp;blogName=url.blogspot.com&amp;publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&amp;navbarType=BLACK&amp;layoutType=CLAS%0A%0ASIC&amp;homepageUrl=http://url.blogspot.com/&amp;searchRoot=http://url.blogspot.com/search" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for -ie"> </div>
free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

<body>
Profile


If I know what Love is. It is because of You!


Aloha.... welComE to my blog!

You can call me Joleen.

I am happily married and joyfully waiting for the arrival of my little baby Olinda.

I am happy as who I am, contented with what I have in Life. Life cannot be any better than this..

喜欢自由自在的生活。
开开心心过每一天。




Indulgence

Music
Reading
Shopping
Baking
Chilling out with buddies
Anything that interests me



Detest

Office politics
Hypocrites
Action barbie
People who judge my life!



Memories




Great escapes




Credits

Designer: Jєs™
Graphics: LoveCandied


All Rights Reserved © Original
100% Copyrighted 2010







Tuesday, December 16, 2014


人情味


This post today contains a little bit of life controversy which personally I think and strongly agree that we can never have the best of both world and the trick is to make do with what we have and learn to be contented about it.

In Singapore, it's commonly known as a "fine" country where we are bound by countless rules, T&C and a highly rigid system. This is where how we level ourselves to a highly efficiency & productive country. 

In Kota Kinabalu itself, you don't see people working to rules, T&C but more of "gao wan" in Malay term, which commonly refer to as human relationship. Why I said so is from a personal experience I had with Popular. 

I bought some stuff and only to realized a week later that isn't complete. To my horror because it cost me RM39.90!

My first thought being a Singaporean is, it long passed the 7 days of exchange and refund period. But my gut feel tell me to bring it back to the store to try my luck.

Hubby brought us there yesterday and I was prepared for a lost battle in fact so it will really be a bonus if I get a refund or exchange. 

The staff didn't even question me as in why I come so late and so forth. After understanding what my purpose is, yes many are not English speaking and you may be surprised for a city like KK. Worst my Melayu is not even half pass six! 

I was told they don't have new stock and what she can do for me is to check with other branch if they still carry it. Otherwise I may have to exchange for other items equivalent of the amount I paid. I was looking at her in horror but isnt difficult because I have countles of stuff I want buy from popular! Heh! 

But I really want this item for it will aid me in my daily learning with her! So I left hubby's contact with the staff and we are off to supermarket. Before that we made a trip to the loo, and on our way out to the car park, the lady dash out and intercept me frantically! She said she managed to ransack her store and there she found the missing pieces! I was so glad that she went this far to assist me. 

Back home, we talked about this incident and overal experience I have come across till date. I reckon, when a state is not as developed, it's where people works based on 人情味. Honestly we can no longer see this practice in Singapore :( 

How good will it be if we have this seen in our daily life. I'm glad I'm still let these sorts of small thought to ponder so I won't lose touch with the world I'm living in. I'm thankful for once more days to live and be around with children and hubby's presence. Though he don't put it to the mouth as often as I do, I know he love this family and this irritating wife of his. 



Happy story continues... 12:37 PM