Olinda starts her potty ...
We are all excited about Olinda starting her potty training on 3rd March 2014.
For a good start, I decided to get her some pretty princess panty and boxer shorts as replacement for the diaper. She is well receptive to the idea and she happily wears it. I have also prepared the waterproof protector to place on the sofa in case accident spilled over the sofa. So I can say this time round I am more prepared than ever.
Oh well, as I am prepared for accidents though how I wish, the occurrence of such accidents can be kept to the minimum! Accidents really happened! Hahaha
Yes I am still taking thing easy because, first, I extended the training hour starting from 2.30pm and all the way to 8pm instead of the original 5pm which I intend to stop.
In this short day 1 of potty training, the first accident took place around 3pm where if Olinda was to listen to my appeal to go to the potty, she could have avoided the first accident per say. Olinda was behaving rather normally while the first accident took place! Arghhh..... (Mommy biting her lips)
Next came the second accident that took place around 6pm and this time round, it was a massive mess as way before that Olinda sort of having a water parade from me. Despite a few visits to the potty, Olinda claimed that she has no pee...... who knows when she was happily watching iPad, she suddenly say, "Mommy, Oh......."
The next moment I knew was a gush of urine just flow out... I suspect Olinda is trying to control her urine way before the accident.
Anyway, I cleared up the mess as usual, but I didn't immediatly changed her out of the soiled panty. Instead I purposely let her wear the soiled panty for around 5-10mins so that she understand the consequence which is the unpleasant feel.
I guess she sort of learnt her lesson and she managed to alert me on the third attempt. I brought her to the toilet thinking that it probably going to be another false attempt. But who knows, I get to witness her first pee into the potty!
Mommy is so proud to witness the next milestone of Olinda.
Both Olinda and Mommy are sort of looking forward to day 2 of potty training. =D
Happy story continues... 2:57 PM