Friday, November 23, 2012
Something about the local Indonesians
While we are only here for say close to 4 months, I don't think I am the right person to post my views over the locals.
While I may dislike some of the stuffs here, for example, the terrible serious air pollution issue which got the whole family a tough time adjusting in the initial period, the kind of traffic condition that I guess I will never get to understand how the traffic and commuters works.... but the locals are really friendly!
Today we are fortunate to laze off our afternoon at papa's office which papa and his staff went to meet a client in Senggigi. Olinda was playing with Uncle Dewa when she got really bored and dragged me outside the office.
Strangely, she dragged me towards the corner where we heard smoothing music coming from.... Hence, we headed towards that direction. Later then I realised there is a sort of dinner celebration for the Indonesian's Police Academy and they are rehearshing for the evening event. The music was really nice.... pleasing and smoothing to the ears... I can't stop standing there carrying Olinda in my arm listening as well as admiring the lyrics.
Shortly after, it is their break time and we walked off until Olinda spotted a young chap sitting behind and she started to play hide and seek with him. Hilarious!
From a simple hide and seek, we got into conversation. As usual, the young chap talked to me in Bahasa and I have to reply in English telling him I can't really speak Bahasa but thank god, he does speak a little simple English.
What is funniest is, another young chap came by, followed by another and another and another.... soon the whole gang was surrounding Olinda and they started photo taking. Hahahaha for a moment I thought my child is a superstar as popular as the SM Town thingy.
I am hoping that after papa came back from meeting and we get to watch them play again.... nice songs.. nice music... nice indonesian chaps..
Happy story continues... 6:47 PM