Wilson labelled this trip as Mommy & Daughter's Staycation.
I put on our newly purchased Allenhand diaper haversack and I am geared for this solo trip with my little tot.
Arrived in Phnom Penh with much surprises and checked into Hotel Intercontinental. Room was pleasant as Wilson top up additional USD20 per night for a deluxe room and free usage of the internet services and mini bar...
To be frank.... there are almost 6 bottles of beer untouched... haha I going to be Santa Claus later to give it to the staff instead. =) It's the joy of GIVING !
We went to Coca Restaurant for our first night dinner and guess what. It comes with free nanny services... hahaha, the staffs there were so friendly and helpful that they insist in carrying and play with Olinda while we have our dinner. They really played with her while managing their work at the same time. Every one is snatching to carry her... such scene is definitely not to be seen anywhere in Singapore. Awww....
I visited Wilson's office on Wednesday morning and same thing happened again.... the staffs all eyeing on Olinda and carrying her as well.. hahaha I am 明星妈 soon.... =P
The manager's PA (Kiri) & driver brought me to Russian Market, Central Market and they tour me along the riverside and the diamond island and their newly built fun fair called "Dream Land"... It looks exactly like our fun fair in Singapore but their is permanently situated....
Got Kiri to help select some Cambodia Silk pouch for the office ladies. =D I love giving pressie if it is within my means. Xmas is around the corner and December is a month of giving.. I enjoyed the joy of giving as well.
Things in Cambodia are not cheap... all in USD.... and each pouch can cost up to 3USD. But the amount spent able to delight 6 ladies... why not? =)
I brought Olinda back hotel to rest and she getting real cranky... crying for her nap.. she slept like a log and for a whole 3-4 hours straight. If only she does more of this... hahaha
Around 5pm local time, I brought her out for a stroll and I actually made it across the buzzing traffic. Yes there is traffic lights but apparently no one bothers with the traffic lights.... when I saw Wilson after ur little adventure visiting the Adidas Factory Outlet, I told him, I Made It across the road!
We explored the hotel facilities and the swimming pool attendant was asking if we want to have a dip. hahaha I looked at him and point at Olinda and shake my head... he laughed! hahaha
Everyone here is so polite and courteous.. always lending a helping hand.
Whom I am referring to includes the hotel service staffs, their housekeeping staffs whom actually walked over to peep at Olinda while I requested for room service... the commoners on the street... cambodians that we met along the way...
Today is the last day of our staycation and Olinda is still enjoying the comfortable King size bed.... tucked in warm and cozy comforter refusing to open her paid of tiny beautiful eye...
Going to pack soon.... saying goodbye to Phnom Penh. I will definitely miss u!