<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4752898765074141515?origin\x3dhttps://joleentlyisamom.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="//www.blogger.com/navbar.g?%0A%0AtargetBlogID=3054107564476057249&amp;blogName=url.blogspot.com&amp;publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&amp;navbarType=BLACK&amp;layoutType=CLAS%0A%0ASIC&amp;homepageUrl=http://url.blogspot.com/&amp;searchRoot=http://url.blogspot.com/search" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for -ie"> </div>
free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

<body>
Profile


If I know what Love is. It is because of You!


Aloha.... welComE to my blog!

You can call me Joleen.

I am happily married and joyfully waiting for the arrival of my little baby Olinda.

I am happy as who I am, contented with what I have in Life. Life cannot be any better than this..

喜欢自由自在的生活。
开开心心过每一天。




Indulgence

Music
Reading
Shopping
Baking
Chilling out with buddies
Anything that interests me



Detest

Office politics
Hypocrites
Action barbie
People who judge my life!



Memories




Great escapes




Credits

Designer: Jєs™
Graphics: LoveCandied


All Rights Reserved © Original
100% Copyrighted 2010







Wednesday, December 7, 2011


Phnom Penh 2011


Our trip to Phnom Penh marked our last destination and it round up our travelogue for 2011.

Wilson got me on a sub-load ticket with Olinda flying on the Tuesday noon flight via SilkAir. I go on wondering if I ever get onboard the flight as I was told that the flight was almost fully booked for the week.

As I waited around the check in counter for their final cue if I ever get beyond that boundary line.... I decide to let god decide if I am destined to go on this adventure.....

I must say this experience was scary... to imagine carrying a 8 months old baby onboard the plane for around 2 hours flight time. 

As my thoughts wander.... I was called upon and told to present our passport for check in... she was so nice to ask the boarding staff to extend the closing time as I was carrying Olinda with me.. the moment I got my boarding pass, I zoomed into the immigration clearance and there I go hunting for Gate F59!

I don't have the luxury of time to shop in DFS... but as I have predicted it, I told wilson to get me a small little Harrods... =P So I don't come back empty handed... hahahaha

I make some milk for Olinda as I am afraid they throw me out with the amount of liquid I carried though they may allow me in but I don't allow chances for any more delay.... 

Finally onboard flight... the flight stewardess were all very nice to me and as I prepared all Olinda's gear before the flight took off.... the flight stewardess was pretty amazed by me... she must have thought I am seasoned traveller with a baby... but honestly, I was a frightened chick... my hearts goes tumping... wonder if she will scream.. cry..... wail...... poo...... the list goes on...

First hour of the flight went on well... I am really thankful that the pax around me were kind soul... 1 angmo actually played peek-a-boo with Olinda, then the other Chinese guy, actually made funny faces at her. She giggles.... 

It's meal time! But as I thought I may not have a chance for the inflight meal, so I told the the flight stewardess that I can't eat with my little tot around. She suggested that she will placed the food on the empty seat next to me so that I can eat and play with my little tots... she even suggest I choose the seafood with mashed potato so that I can share the mashed potato with Olinda... =) How nice!

But the food sucks... was too saltish.. Hahhaha

During the landing portion, it was time that Olinda really get messed up! She wails... I suspected that she wanted her nap badly but no matter how I try to coax her to sleep, she refused.... she even refused milk... I have to carry her and worst of all... as the captain announced that they are landing down soon... I can't even carry her for a walk... but to sit on my seat quietly and let her wail... Stressful!

Finally the plane landed and as the ang mo behind me smiles and I stand up... I apologized to the people behind me if Olinda has caused a scene... he was so nice to say... I don't have to apologized and we were exchanging few words but we departed...

As I walked along the aero-bridge, I am getting my mind ready for the next adventure which is to get both of us to Hotel Intercontinental, Phnom Penh.

Surprises came!

I caught a glimpse of Wilson at the end of the aero-bridge with the local crew whom assisted me with the immigration clearance.

Felt so privileged for once in my lifetime!


Happy story continues... 4:23 PM