Unexpected Comment
Things don't seem to go well today for me...
Woke up pretty early to bring Tera down for an early morning walk. Have promised him since a few days ago but didn't do it till today. So feel pretty satisfied with myself too as at least I done it today and not finding excuses for it to be delay.
Next we went to Sungei Kadut with high hope to settle at least the bed frame for our Punggol Nest. It was really a hot day to go furniture hunting. Almost get ourselves dehydrated...
But to our disappointment, we walked through a few malls like IFC, Avanni Design where we got our wedding bed frame from. All to no avail, we can't find the ideal bed frame. In fact I am very frustrated over this, reason being that we have been hunting around for since I think 2 months on few occasions for the bed frame. Till date, we didn't see anything close to our ideal.
I think more or less we are settling for the dinning table at XZQT. Yes very costly but that is the best and most eye pleasing to us. =( Imagine 1.6k going to fly out to dinning table. Have anyone bought such an expensive dinning table?
Went home after this as we can't stand the heat any seconds longer.
We met up with JC at 2pm as he driving us to expo SITEX for TV Hunting. It is really nice to have such friends around and he has really done us a lot of favors by sending us to places.
We got the LG LED 42" TV at $1099 but we decided to opt for the higher and latest model at a price of $1399. We have also decided to purchase the 2 years extended warranty on top of the normal 3 years warranty. So total damage excluding the $100 NTUC voucher given to us, we spent $1499.
Sounds fairly reasonable huh with WIFI, Bluetooth access etc.. but it is definitely a better deal than what we have initially committed but we decided to cancel the order from Mega Mall.
Went to MOS Burger for dinner after JC dropped us home. This is when conflicts start to sparkle!
We were talking about family, expenses, and etc... then I forgot how we come by this topic on the stuffs and little acts that my parents have been showering upon us. I was mentioning that I wanted to get a little pressie for daddy since my wedding day but due to budget wise, have not materialize my dream even till now. I was hoping to settle my house renovation and all necessary expenses like for arrival of our baby Olinda before i splurge a little on these agendas. I was saying we are not contributing to current household so we won't know exactly the burden that my parents are shouldering. Then he made a comment: "Have you thought of all these before I decided to quit my full time job?" To be frank, this comment upset me as well as got me frustrated. I rebuked saying, at least I am still managing my own expenses with my own money and etc. I said have he not thought of the little things my mum done for him like washing his laundry and ironing his clothes. He never have to worry about all these at all. His immediate reply was "he will bring back the clothe to wash and iron and bring back". I was real upset by this time. I don't have the intention of being calculative with him over these issues but then what I really expecting at least was a word of gratitude or appreciation from him towards what my parents showered him just like their own son. To think no word of "Thanks" but words of sarcastic remarks really got me fumed!
I stopped talking and walked quietly back to home. I am thankful that I have expressed my thought to him inside the lift telling him that I don't like his attitude. And I managed to remain calm and shimmered down my anger. No eruptions for tonight. I guess all of us are really tired.
JC was right, women should learn when to worry for the right things. So at this moment I think, this issue or dissatisfactions could have quietly made its way to a far away corner from us.
Wish we have an easier day but nevertheless a peaceful cozy night rest for all of us here.
A "SMILE" to end my lousy day! =D
Labels: personal
Happy story continues... 10:52 PM